Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scrognoid
Level 7

Netflix paused with earbuds starts playing out loud

I'm watching Neflix with private listening. I pause it and go off to do something else. After about thirty minutes Netflix starts playing out loud through the speakers. This has happened many times so it's not a random glitch. This is especially great when it happens late at night and wakes up everyone in the house.

I've got to believe this is a feature of either Roku or Netflix. It's hard to imagine a bug that would wait for thirty minutes and then override pause and private listening. The question is "why"?

I have Roku 3..

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrettH
Level 7

Re: Netflix paused with earbuds starts playing out loud

I have the same issue on Roku Ultra. Has this issue been fixed yet? 

0 Kudos
scrognoid
Level 7

No. I really thought I was the only person in the world to experience this.

I tried a factory reset of my Roku but it did not fix it.

0 Kudos
BrettH
Level 7

Guess most people don't pause and walk away for extended periods. I found out what causes it but I don't know how to fix it. After 30 minutes on pause the Bluetooth connection to the remote turns off to save the battery power. When Netflix changes audio formats it reload the content which interups the pause and it starts playing. I've started setting my TV volume to zero so when it happens I only lose my place but it doesn't wake up the house.