Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradyrennell
Level 7

Netflix/YouTube TV causing TCL 6 Series to reboot

Attempting to play any Netflix or YouTube TV content on my TCL 6 Series Roku TV (Model Number 55R625) causes the TV to automatically restart. Other apps on the TV are not causing this. I have had the TV for 6+ weeks and this is the first time this has happened.

I have already tried several manual restarts and a factory reset, but YouTube TV and Netflix still cause the TV to crash and reboot when trying to play content. 

12 REPLIES 12\
laurin1
Level 9

Re: Netflix/YouTube TV causing TCL 6 Series to reboot

We have the same issue. Did yours ever get resolved?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hey @laurin1

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically the issue you're running into? Are you also experiencing the issue on Netflix and YouTube TV?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
laurin1
Level 9

I don't use YouTube TV, so it only reboots using Netflix (and once, today while not even using an app). Does not crash while using Chromecast or any other app.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@laurin1

Thanks for the reply!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
laurin1
Level 9

I've already tried that, to no avail, but I may try it again. The sucky thing is we had the TV for several months with zero problems and then this just started happening about 4-5 days ago.

0 Kudos
laurin1
Level 9

Actually, it just crashed with the Amazon Prime app. :-(

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@laurin1

Appreciate the update.

Can you double-check if the issue occurs if you access other channels (aside from Amazon Prime Video and Netflix) on your Roku TV? You can also try to factory reset your TV then see if that will make a difference.

Check out this Support article for detailed instructions: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Moreover, if the problem persists after performing the suggestion above, I'd suggest contacting the TV manufacturer to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can contact TCL Support here: https://support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
laurin1
Level 9

I will try the factory reset, but that is time-consuming - time that I don't have, so not sure when.

0 Kudos
laurin1
Level 9

Well, Factory Reset did not fix it. Also, switched from Wi-Fi to Ethernet. Has crashed twice today already, once in Netflix and once just as I was turning it on, but I was launching it with the Netflix channel using the iOS app. 

0 Kudos