Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Turbosl2
Level 7

Netflix - Dolby Atmos on Ultra?

I just redid my entire theatr room but cannot seem to get Roku to pass ATMOS to my reciever. It only comes through in 5.1.

Onkyo TX-NR686 reciever
Epson 2150 1080p projecter
5.1.2 Atmos speakers.

I have tried everything and nothing seems to work, I don’t see any Atmos logos nor do I see it come up on my reciever. I have th UHD Netflix plan but obviously since my projector is in 1080 I cannot use it. Is this why I don’t get the audio? You HAVE to have 4K video to be able to hear the Atmos audio?

Thanks

0 Kudos
33 Replies
Bacon
Level 9

Re: Dolby Atmos w Ultra

Netflix doesn’t currently support Atmos on Roku devices.
0 Kudos
Turbosl2
Level 7

Your kidding me, i thought i read on ROKUs website that it will pass ATMOS? What do i need to receive ATMOS in non 4k?
0 Kudos
Turbosl2
Level 7

Will Vudu stream ATMOS in not 4k. I guess what i am trying to figure out is if 4k is the ONLY way to receive Dolby ATMOS. 
0 Kudos
Bacon
Level 9

"Turbosl2" wrote:
Will Vudu stream ATMOS in not 4k. I guess what i am trying to figure out is if 4k is the ONLY way to receive Dolby ATMOS. 

Yes, Vudu will play the Atmos track with a 4K Roku set at 1080p as long as you own and are playing the UHD version of a film.
0 Kudos
Turbosl2
Level 7

Awesome. So does this mean I have to buy it vs rent it. Usually it just says HDX when not on a 4k
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Yes, to my knowledge the only Vudu Atmos titles are 4K. I get Atmos from Star Wars 8 no problem. Netflix had an exclusive agreement for only offering Atmos on LG TVs and the XBox. That has expired, and they are slowly rolling out Atmos to additional players. So far Roku hasn't been one of them. Since I don't have 4K Netflix, and in two weeks I won't have Netflix at all, I can't say if it's there yet. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
leothelocust
Level 7

"Bacon" wrote:

According to Netflix: Link to Netflix supported devices articleRoku is not yet in the supported devices list.

Roku, is there anything you can do to speed this up?
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"leothelocust" wrote:
"Bacon" wrote:

According to Netflix: Link to Netflix supported devices article Roku is not yet in the supported devices list.

Roku, is there anything you can do to speed this up?

Here's the thing: it doesn't say Roku is not yet in the supported devices like, it simple doesn't list Roku. Those aren't the same thing.

There's nothing to indicate that Roku will ever be in the supported list. Certainly, Roku hasn't given any indication, at least not that I've seen. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Turbosl2
Level 7

I got rid of that and bought a Apple TV 4k for $199. Netflix is in Dolby Atmos and so is most of the content on itunes to rent or buy. You dont need to have a 4k TV or use 4k to get dolby atmos. More money for the device but when you spend thousands for a ATMOS system makes no sense to not be able to watch any content
0 Kudos