Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Need home theater system that can be controlled with Roku remote volume buttons

Jump to solution

I have Roku 55617 tv.  Currently using a Samsung home theater  for sound.  I'm trying to find a new home theater or speaker system that the Roku rf remote (or IR remote) can control with its volume buttons.  Note: We often use our PC to watch media so the TVs ARC hdmi is currently connected to the PC.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Need home theater system that can be controlled with Roku remote volume buttons

Jump to solution

@sirdolby  Thanks for the note. Controlling A/V receiver volume is only currently supported on some models by using HDMI ARC. We do not offer a remote that is designed to control A/V receiver volume. There are 3rd party universal remote options that would offer the functionality you are looking for, such as a Logitech Harmony remote. You might look into that as an alternate solution. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Need home theater system that can be controlled with Roku remote volume buttons

Jump to solution

@sirdolby  Thanks for the note. Controlling A/V receiver volume is only currently supported on some models by using HDMI ARC. We do not offer a remote that is designed to control A/V receiver volume. There are 3rd party universal remote options that would offer the functionality you are looking for, such as a Logitech Harmony remote. You might look into that as an alternate solution. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response.  I'll look into that.  Frankly. we love this Roku TV, the "one remote" problem is the only drawback.

0 Kudos