Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hbradford
Level 7

Narrator

While watching cable it narrates every move for example "John doe picks up the phone" "John doe stands up" ect. I've went to accessibility and turned it all off but it still does it. How do I fix this issue?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
Jennharvell
Level 7

Re: Narrator

This is happening to me as well. I am watching the ABC app, Match Game from 5/31. I’ve tried everything suggested in other posts and nothing is working. I have a brand new Roku Ultra

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That sounds like it's selecting the wrong audio track.  Do you get an option to change the audio track when you press the asterisk button (*)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Hbradford
Level 7

Nope I don't get that option. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Well then I think it's a problem with that particular channel.  There's no way a Roku could know someone is standing up and tell you about it.  The Accessibility setting for narration just reads the text on the screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Lisamyw
Level 7

It's not a particular channel. It's happening to me too. Anyone find a solution?

0 Kudos
Stopnarrating
Level 7

its happening to mine, too. I’m watching Moana and narrating whenever there is no dialogue just disturbs me.

0 Kudos