Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

NO SIGNAL MESSAGE PLEASE HELP

Can you please help me?

I have a brand new streaming stick+, and a brand new Samsung smart tv. When I first plugged in the Roku, after some time of it being dormant (overnight), I'd turn the tv back on and there would be a "no signal" message and a black screen (the white light would be ON on the device). A simple power cycle would correct the issue every time. After a lot of research, I changed the display from Auto to 1080p, and that seemed to correct the issue for the time being - every time I turned my TV on, the Roku would wake up upon hitting the home button on the remote.

However, this weekend I added a cable box to the other HDMI setting - and now the same exact problem is happening. Whenever I turn the tv on, if it's set to the cable box, when I hit the home button on the remote, the source changes (as it should) to the Roku, but it's the same black screen saying "no signal". Again, a power cycle is required to fix this.

This is extremely frustrating and I should not have to unplug my device every time I want to change sources on my TV. Can somebody please help me?

I have my device plugged into an HDMI extender cable, so maybe that is part of the problem? If I have it plugged directly into the port I've had issues with remote control interference with the other HDMI cable being so close.

Any assistance would be appreciated - thank you. I have 5 Roku's so I'm a very loyal customer.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: NO SIGNAL MESSAGE PLEASE HELP

I have the Roku stick and having similar problem. When I switch the TV to HDMI 2, which is where the stick is, I get a "no signal" message. I then have to remove the stick for about 30 seconds and reinsert it. Then the Roku will turn on.  I've not found out yet, how to get it to work right. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I've tried almost everything - I currently am using an HDMI extender, so I tried plugging in directly to the port - no success. I tried switching the HDMI's - no success. Finally, I just tried swapping it to a Roku on another TV. Will keep posted. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Having the same issue and hav not been able to find a solution or a way to contact Roku for help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I tried plugging the usb into the tv and so far so good. How are you plugged in?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

HDMI cables

0 Kudos