Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjxhall1969
Level 7

NETFLIX AND AMAZON VIDEO ISSUES BEING KICKED BACK TO HOME PAGE

Just a couple of weeks ago when I go onto Netflix or amazon video i start watching a movie then within about 10 seconds i get kicked back to the roku home page on my TV. It happens all the time now. What is up Roku

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: NETFLIX AND AMAZON VIDEO ISSUES BEING KICKED BACK TO HOME PAGE

Hi @tjxhall1969

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NETFLIX AND AMAZON VIDEO ISSUES BEING KICKED BACK TO HOME PAGE

@tjxhall1969-

If @RokuKariza-D's suggestions don't fix the problem, another thing to look at is how you are powering your Roku. 

If you are powering your Roku by plugging into the USB port on the TV, try powering from house power via the USB power adapter that came with the Roku.   

The USB ports on some televisions only supply 0.5 amp or less, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably. A Roku connected this way often appears to start up normally, but if it runs into an activity that requires more power than the USB port can deliver, something will fail, commonly taking you back to the home screen. 

If you don't have the Roku adapter handy, any other you have from another device should work as long as the fine print on it says it outputs at least 1 amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos