Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP?

I was hoping to get a little guidance from those on this forum.

I have 2 1080p capable TVs-Toshiba 32RV525RZ and a Samsung T240HD-both from 2009 and both do have HDMI. I can't get either one to recognize the Roku 2 XD via HDMI. Connecting via composite does work but has a crappy picture. I've changed setting on both the Roku and the televisions, swapped different cables and even did "Live Chat" with Roku CS. Nothing is working. All I get is "No Signal" via HDMI. The ports work (I've connected an Apple TV, PS3 and Macbook to every port) and all information I can get states that both sets are HDCP compatible. Am I missing a step? If not, would something like an HDFury solve the problem by letting me connect via component? I would appreciate anything you can tell me. Thx
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 16

Re: NEED HELP?

Looking at the specs for the 2 XD and your Toshiba set, I see the Toshiba only supports 1080p at 60 and 24 Hz. The 2 XD does not support 1080p/60, only 1080p/24 and /30. It should work at 720p, however. Your Samsung is a computer monitor, not a TV. From the specs, it doesn't seem to support any standard TV resolution. However, there does appear to be a "TV Mode" that has to be enabled to display broadcast TV (as it's labeled in the manual). Perhaps changing that setting will make the Samsung work.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos