Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbaughm
Level 7

NBC app attempts to open and then crashes and returns to home screen.

For about a month, my NBC app attempts to open and then crashes and returns to the home screen.  We have it linked to our cable provider and everything seems in order there.  I have tried all of the suggestions...removing/reinstalling the app, unlinking and relinking our cable info, running a system software update, clearing the cache, rebooting the router.  We have 3 roku devices in the house and it crashes on all 3 devices when trying to open the app, and it is the only app we are having any problems with for about a month now (worked fine before that).  I contacted NBC and they offered no help.  ROKU has no kind of support personnel to speak to (which may influence my decision to purchase these devices again).  Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: NBC app attempts to open and then crashes and returns to home screen.

0 Kudos
jbaughm
Level 7

Thank you.  I did not see those when I originally searched.  Glad others are experiencing the same problems...felt like pulling my hair out because none of the workarounds worked.  It looks like it is an NBC/Roku issue they are attempting to resolve.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
b2conn
Level 8

Hello. I had the same issues, and it wasn't only NBC but other news & weather channels, especially CBS news. I had a Roku 3 which was about 5 to 7 years old, cant remember when purchased.  I read where these devices only last about 5 years.  So I recently bought a new Roku Express 4+, and a new remote (not the one included with the Roku Express, but a remote that also turns tv on/off).  The jerky navigation and crashing seems to have been resolved with new equipment.  I also replaced the HDMI cable that was very old.  I hope this helps.  The Roku Express 4+ was only $39 at BestBuy.  NOTE that most universal remotes do NOT work with a Roku stick, just fyi.

0 Kudos