Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blutut
Level 7

Mymedia on Roku hangs on retrieving video

mymedia on Roku hangs on retrieving video at about 25%, this happened suddenly. It was working fine for several years.
Roku 4  - latest OS 9.1
0 Kudos
5 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Mymedia on Roku hangs on retrieving video

Does MyMedia require a specific server product on your PC, or will it connect to any DLNA source? If the latter, try using Roku Media Player and see if you encounter the same problem. If sounds like there's a problem with the MyMedia channel, not the Roku itself. I have no problems using Roku Media Player or Plex, both streaming from my home media server. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
blutut
Level 7

Yes I have specific server Playon on my PC, Plex is working fine. 
I tried to remove channel MyMedia and reinstalled it but did not help.
The problem started in the middle of May, 2019. Could it be the new OS 9.1 issue?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

9.1 might have brought the problem to light, but the issue is probably the MyMedia channel. If they haven't updated their channel recently, it might be lacking something the latest firmware versions require. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
tawit
Level 7

Since Roku's 9.1.0 update, MyMedia no longer functions properly. I have been working with Playon support and they have been able to reproduce the problem. After they looked at Playon logs from my computer, they determined that there is a bug in the last update 9.1.0. This problem began when the update was installed. It worked the day before the update. Playon advised me to notify Roku Support, but I can find no way to report this. The video will load, but it goes back to the selected video instead of playing the video. I have 3 Roku devices, Roku Premiere +, Roku Express and A Roku Stick. MyMedia will not work on any of these devices. Does anyone know how to contact Roku Support to report this issue? I have been able to use MyMedia using Nintendo Wii U with no problems, but I would rather use Roku.

Update: Fixed       I finally got MyMedia working with 9.1.0. I did a factory reset on my Roku Premiere +  and once everything was reloaded, MyMedia now works. I also did a factory reset on my Roku Express and MyMedia now works. I hope this helps anyone who is having MyMedia problems/
0 Kudos
blutut
Level 7

I tried factory reset on my Roku 4, but it did not help. Because Plex is working fine, I will not bother with MyMedia anymore.
0 Kudos