Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christinebunt
Level 8

My roku went silent a couple days ago.

My roku went silent a couple days ago. No sound even when a signal that I was changing channels. The next day the sound came back on, but a weird voice was talking telling me how many minutes left to a show, what channel I changed to, describing the show I clicked on including the first date aired. Today I have no sound again. Is anyone else having this problem?

4 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: My roku went silent a couple days ago.

The weird voice is the Audio guide function (Settings > System > Accessibility > Audio guide). You can also toggle this on and off by pressing the * key four (I THINK it's four) times, which is probable how you got into it in the first place.

A restart MAY restore your sound. Settings > System > System restart
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
christinebunt
Level 8

I have tried the above solution and it does not get rid of the weird voice.  Help!

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Press the * button 4 times in rapid succession or look for the Accessibility settings in the menu.

0 Kudos
sah324
Level 7

I have audio on my other channels, but no audio on Roku all day. I also had the voice come on describing things. Is there no way to speak to a live representative to get help? 

0 Kudos