Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christinebunt
Level 8

My roku went silent a couple days ago.

My roku went silent a couple days ago. No sound even when a signal that I was changing channels. The next day the sound came back on, but a weird voice was talking telling me how many minutes left to a show, what channel I changed to, describing the show I clicked on including the first date aired. Today I have no sound again. Is anyone else having this problem?

4 REPLIES 4\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My roku went silent a couple days ago.

The weird voice is the Audio guide function (Settings > System > Accessibility > Audio guide). You can also toggle this on and off by pressing the * key four (I THINK it's four) times, which is probable how you got into it in the first place.

A restart MAY restore your sound. Settings > System > System restart
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
christinebunt
Level 8

I have tried the above solution and it does not get rid of the weird voice.  Help!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Press the * button 4 times in rapid succession or look for the Accessibility settings in the menu.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
sah324
Level 7

I have audio on my other channels, but no audio on Roku all day. I also had the voice come on describing things. Is there no way to speak to a live representative to get help? 

0 Kudos