Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenjen13
Level 7

Re: My Roku keeps force closing back to home screen

My is doing the same thing I literally just bought this roku express this week but every streaming channel plays for a few minutes then returns to the Home Screen I have uninstalled reinstalled everything, restarted the roku turned off the bandwidth saver, factory reset the roku 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jenjen13 

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post and I'll be able to assist you further once you provide us with more information.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Anthonyponton
Level 7

Mine started doing the same thing. 

Roku model# 3931x

S/n s012307m5mnj

Software 9.4.0 build 4200-ae

Plugged into wall outlet with provided cable and plug. Roku is only few months old. 

Fix it or send me a new or a refund

DCSooner
Level 7

Mine is doing the same thing. Every time I start up my Roku and select a channel, no matter which one, it starts and loads then quickly reverts back to the home screen. On second try it loads as expected.

Could someone from Roku connect with me to resolve this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Anthonyponton @DCSooner

Thanks for the posts.

We would highly recommend making sure to power your Roku device with the power adapter to a wall outlet and not use the TV USB port.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Carol_C
Level 7

RokuDanny-R - I’m having the same issue.

Plugged into outlet with supplied cable/plug
-Roku device model: 3500X-Roku Stick
-serial number: 2LA53T127856
-device ID: ?
-software OS/version: 9.4.0 build 4200-09
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel?  Hallmark Movies Now (version 8.6/build 27) and Roku Channel (version 4.2/build 3) Roku does it intermittently at commercials, while HMN doesn’t even load 
-tracker ID when this issue occurs: 56-124-999 - Hallmark Movies Now 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Carol_C,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Kimel33
Level 7

My Roku will currently only run Netflix without going back to the home screen minutes later. I have factory reset and all the suggestions I have read here.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Kimel33

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kayapapaya02
Level 7

My roku is being really strange, I click on an app and it begins to load the app then immediately returns me to the home screen. This is really frustrating because it's been happening with multiple apps so far Netflix and Prime. I tried deleting and re-downloading Netflix and the same issue happened again. I tried searching to see if the app needed updating, but it was already up to date

0 Kudos