Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

My Roku Ultra keeps restarting

I have owned this particular Roku for about a year and a half. For several days now, my Roku Uktra has been restarting multiple times a day for no reason.  It has done it with several channels that I watch fairly frequently. I have noticed two different ways it does this. One is the sound will cut out, then it will freeze, then it will reboot. The second happens sometimes while unpausing it. The screen will go black then it will reboot. I have tried just about everything that I can think off to fix it. Is there a potential fix that I am missing?  

The model is 4660RW - Roku Ultra. The software version is 9.3.0 build 4150-46. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: My Roku Ultra keeps restarting

When did your system update to version 9.3? Does it coincide with the beginning of this behavior?
Settings > System > System update will tell you when the system was updated.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It says it updated today at 6:53 pm. I have definitely had the problem for at least two full days. Since I posted the original post it has restarted 4 times with the interval between being about 30-45 min. I’m currently watching the CuriosityStream channel if that helps. It has also done it when watching YouTube and Hulu. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I've been having the same issue for a few weeks now and am considering trashing the device for something new at this point. It does it the most when I'm on YouTube but it will occasionally do it with HBO Go and Netflix. It took me an hour to get through a 40 min episode today because it kept restarting.

0 Kudos