Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacob3195

My Roku TV airplay doesn’t work

My Roku TV with my Roku Stream bar Pro with the subwoofer and two speakers I tried to connect AirPlay multiple times But if I go into settings on the TV it doesn’t let me click on Apple airplay and HomeKit if I click on it it goes for a second and goes back to home I have reset the system to factory but it still hasn’t worked what should I do

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Roku TV airplay doesn’t work

@Jacob3195 

You have two separate Roku devices. The Roku TV has Roku capabilities; it's a Roku device. The Streambar Pro also has Roku capabilities; it's also a Roku device.

Are you sure you're looking at the Roku settings of the device you think you're looking at?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
PSBill
Channel Surfer

The Airplay stopped working on all my Roku devices when I try and Airplay video files. I have tried with with my Roku Ultra, Roku 4k Streaming Stick and Roku Streaming Stick+.  It tries to start but then defaults to the AirPlay splash page indicating my network and to choose this device. Now it does work when I AirPlay video from a webpage and it will let me mirror my device. It only won't work with video files. I am able to Airplay these same videos from my MacBook so I know it's specific to IOS and Roku. I've done all the troubleshooting techniques and like I said, it works under some situations but just now when it's a video file.  

0 Kudos
Tony_chvrn

Same issue with my ipad air 4, I can't mirror my personal videos and get the same splash screen you mentioned. But my ipad air 2 is able to mirror my personal videos. Using Roku Express 4K 2021. Any solutions?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Tony_chvrn wrote:

Same issue with my ipad air 4, I can't mirror my personal videos and get the same splash screen you mentioned. But my ipad air 2 is able to mirror my personal videos. Using Roku Express 4K 2021. Any solutions?

So two different iPads, one Roku? One iPad works, the other doesn't? Do they both have the same version of iOS/iPadOS?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Tony_chvrn

No, the ipad air 2 is on iPadOS 14.6 and ipad air 4 is on 15.0.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Tony_chvrn wrote:

No, the ipad air 2 is on iPadOS 14.6 and ipad air 4 is on 15.0.

Perhaps iPad OS 15.0 is the culprit. Hasn't there been an update beyond that? Hasn't an update or two been released? Maybe 15.0 has an issue and an update fixed it?

DBDukes

Streamer317
Roku Guru

iOS devices need HomeKit 2 also in order to work with Roku. iOS 15.4 is the latest version. Works perfect on my TCL Roku TV

0 Kudos
Tony_chvrn

iOs 15.0 was the issue, I updated to 15.4 and now it works, thanks.

Streamer317
Roku Guru

It’s always important to keep any device up-to-date

0 Kudos