Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timmn
Level 8

My Roku Premere+ (4630X) is having playback problems ever since the firmware update.

I hate to leave a rant, but I have no idea what to do. My Roku 4630X worked fine until the firmware update, 9.2.0 build 4131-29. Now I am getting the black HDMI warning screen, it only lasts a few seconds before the content starts playing. Sometimes, the best way I can describe this, is that the picture becomes bigger than the TV can display, and I get the upper left hand corner of the picture on the TV. Netflix is got a different problem, where it shows the Netflix logo, the screen goes black for about 5 or 10 seconds, and then the picture will display, but it displays like Netflix has been going for that time the picture was black.

I can make all the problems go away by forcing the display from auto-detect (4K HDR at 30 Hz)  to 4K 60Hz TV, but it always goes back to auto-detect, and the problems come back.

I find it hard to blame my hardware, when it's been working fine until the firmware update was installed.

1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: My Roku Premere+ (4630X) is having playback problems ever since the firmware update.

@timmn I'll continue following up with you directly. Thanks for the PM! 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager