Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartyLakeWorth
Level 9

My Roku 43s517 TCL tv screen flickers and jumps

2018 Model TCL 43” 4K 43s517 has been flickering and jumps like the old tv with the vertical hold adjustments. I have did a factory reset and reload all my channels and it still does the same thing. When I first turn on the third ok but as time goes on it flickers in the middle enough to notice and then not to long later it starts to jump like a double image every set or so.  I have a blue ray player an Amazon diet stick and an Xbox one system. I have unplugged them all From the HDMI PORTS and it still does the same. Anyone experienced the same problem? 
I have researched it all. 
TIA for looking here 

30 Replies
Herman2181
Level 9

Re: My Roku 43s517 TCL tv screen flickers and jumps

Mine is doing the same exact thing, and I have the same model as you. From what I've read it might be an issue with the T-con board, so I just ordered one off eBay to see if that solves the problem. I'll update when I do.

MartyLakeWorth
Level 9

Hey cool thanks! There is only like 3 main components the main board t-con board and power supply! I’m able to view it for many hours with all the HDMI unplugged. I really want to use my blu ray with the surround sound Hooked up and the optical cable plugged in. This is why I think it might be the main board but I’m know Tv repair guy. Also it jumps with my Xbox plugged in. There is a YouTube video on replacing all the boards. Seems easy enough!

thanks for the reply and good luck with repair. 

0 Kudos
Herman2181
Level 9

Hey just an update, I replaced my t-con board and it didn't help at all lol. Did you have any luck?

0 Kudos
MartyLakeWorth
Level 9

@Herman2181 wrote:

Hey just an update, I replaced my t-con board and it didn't help at all lol. Did you have any luck?

Herman Hi 

wow sorry that didn’t work! I ordered a main board from eBay! $23 plus $10 shipping.I haven’t had time to install it. I’m off work Wednesday and as soon as I install and plug everything back in and test I’ll give you a shout on here ASAP. 

0 Kudos
MartyLakeWorth
Level 9

Herman I have had my TV on mute all day with my Amazon fire stick my surround sound and my aquarium 4 K screensaver all day long. there is no more Flickering or jumping on the screen so I noticed that one small plug was crooked and that might’ve been the problem the whole time so I just ended up replacing the Main board since I had it open I’m enclosing a picture of what the plug looks like. 
hope this helps you 

Bottom left side plug on main boardBottom left side plug on main board

Herman2181
Level 9

Ok cool, thanks for the update. the main board I ordered is coming in the mail tomorrow so hopefully that works! 

0 Kudos
MartyLakeWorth
Level 9

Good! Just be careful with the black ribbon cable! It’s real tender! Hope it works for you! 

0 Kudos
MartyLakeWorth
Level 9

Herman

any luck with the main board?

0 Kudos
Herman2181
Level 9

It actually didn't make any difference at all, it's still doing the same exact thing Smiley Sad