Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartyLakeWorth
Binge Watcher

My Roku 43s517 TCL tv screen flickers and jumps

2018 Model TCL 43” 4K 43s517 has been flickering and jumps like the old tv with the vertical hold adjustments. I have did a factory reset and reload all my channels and it still does the same thing. When I first turn on the third ok but as time goes on it flickers in the middle enough to notice and then not to long later it starts to jump like a double image every set or so.  I have a blue ray player an Amazon diet stick and an Xbox one system. I have unplugged them all From the HDMI PORTS and it still does the same. Anyone experienced the same problem? 
I have researched it all. 
TIA for looking here 

36 REPLIES 36
Herman2181
Binge Watcher

Re: My Roku 43s517 TCL tv screen flickers and jumps

Mine is doing the same exact thing, and I have the same model as you. From what I've read it might be an issue with the T-con board, so I just ordered one off eBay to see if that solves the problem. I'll update when I do.

MartyLakeWorth
Binge Watcher

Hey cool thanks! There is only like 3 main components the main board t-con board and power supply! I’m able to view it for many hours with all the HDMI unplugged. I really want to use my blu ray with the surround sound Hooked up and the optical cable plugged in. This is why I think it might be the main board but I’m know Tv repair guy. Also it jumps with my Xbox plugged in. There is a YouTube video on replacing all the boards. Seems easy enough!

thanks for the reply and good luck with repair. 

0 Kudos
Herman2181
Binge Watcher

Hey just an update, I replaced my t-con board and it didn't help at all lol. Did you have any luck?

0 Kudos
MartyLakeWorth
Binge Watcher

@Herman2181 wrote:

Hey just an update, I replaced my t-con board and it didn't help at all lol. Did you have any luck?

Herman Hi 

wow sorry that didn’t work! I ordered a main board from eBay! $23 plus $10 shipping.I haven’t had time to install it. I’m off work Wednesday and as soon as I install and plug everything back in and test I’ll give you a shout on here ASAP. 

0 Kudos
MartyLakeWorth
Binge Watcher

Herman I have had my TV on mute all day with my Amazon fire stick my surround sound and my aquarium 4 K screensaver all day long. there is no more Flickering or jumping on the screen so I noticed that one small plug was crooked and that might’ve been the problem the whole time so I just ended up replacing the Main board since I had it open I’m enclosing a picture of what the plug looks like. 
hope this helps you 

Bottom left side plug on main boardBottom left side plug on main board

Herman2181
Binge Watcher

Ok cool, thanks for the update. the main board I ordered is coming in the mail tomorrow so hopefully that works! 

0 Kudos
MartyLakeWorth
Binge Watcher

Good! Just be careful with the black ribbon cable! It’s real tender! Hope it works for you! 

0 Kudos
MartyLakeWorth
Binge Watcher

Herman

any luck with the main board?

0 Kudos
Herman2181
Binge Watcher

It actually didn't make any difference at all, it's still doing the same exact thing 😞