Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

My Premiere+ has become defective, either the unit or the remote - need agent support

My Premiere+ seems to have become defective since the last time I had it hooked up.  Either the unit or the remote, I can't tell which.  Batteries are good.  The button ARE responsive and function, but arrow keys are intermittently triggering wrong actions on the screen.  For example, right arrow often goes down and left instead of right.  It has updated software.  I have not done a factory reset.  It's been awhile since I had this hooked up.  I need a Roku support rep to help me troubleshoot this.  Maybe it needs to be repaired or replaced.  But I don't know how to go about doing that.  This problem needs direct involvement with an agent.  I am disappointed that you've made it SO hard to get this message to you.  I expected better from Roku, even in spite of Covid19 issues.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: My Premiere+ has become defective, either the unit or the remote - need agent support

Most of the time, I cannot navigate within a channel.  Pressing the back arrow on the remote usually only allows me to "exit the channel" or "cancel".  I don't want to exit the channel; I want to navigate up, down, left, right WITHIN the channel, yet the arrow keys on the remote usually do not function at all at that time1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: My Premiere+ has become defective, either the unit or the remote - need agent support

With the help of a friend who has a Roku 2, it turns out her remote can work directly on my Premiere+.  And everything WORKED RIGHT.  It's my REMOTE that is bad!  Sheesh, YOU ALL in support should have helped me figure that out.  I shouldn't have to even KNOW another Roku user to do this.  Now I need to know how to buy a replacement remote.  Maybe roku.com will help.  But I'd rather buy it at Best Buy.  I'm doubtful they'll have 'em.  I am beginning to dislike Roku, even though I've had 3 players and all worked well in the past.  SHAME on you for having NO support any more!

0 Kudos