Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Music (but not voices) only in right channel when using headphone jack on TCL TV.

On my TCL 65r625, when using the headphone jack, as I exclusively do, music comes out of only the right channel. Not voices or anything else. I've tested the TV speakers and they work as they should, music comes out of both sides. I've set everything to stereo output, but it doesn't fix the problem. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Music (but not voices) only in right channel when using headphone jack on TCL TV.

You've checked the earphones, or whatever else you're plugging into the jack?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Music (but not voices) only in right channel when using headphone jack on TCL TV.

Yes, hardware-wise everything is copacetic. I just found that when watching a show through Fandango, I was able to use the Roku menu while the episode was playing and switch the audio track from track 2(surround) to track 1(stereo). Even though stereo was already set in the main Roku settings, when watching shows and movies, sometimes I guess there's multiple audio track options. Unfortunately, the Apple TV+ app does not give any audio track options, it only plays in surround, so the problem is unfixable with that app. 

0 Kudos