Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CopperQuarter
Level 7

Model 3900X Multiple Problems

I have 5 Roku units, all different models purchased over a number of years (2016 – 2021). I haven’t had any trouble with them, except for my purchase in 2019 Model 3900X. It seems to be a complete lemon. It tells me the unit if overheating when it is cool, randomly closes channels and goes back to the home screen, fails to load channels with an error message that “there isn’t enough room on device that I need to remove some channels” even though I don’t have many channels loaded and none of my other devices (even older ones) do not have loading problems, during playback the until sometimes plays audio with no image or freezes. I sometimes cannot even load the home screen again. Restarting or even having to hard reboot the device doesn’t always clear up all issues. I love the other Roku units I have, they all work great, even the 2016 unit but the 3900X has been very disappointing and frustrating. #3900X

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Model 3900X Multiple Problems

@CopperQuarter 

Try a factory reset of the device. You'll need to set it up again, as if it's new.

I normally don't suggest a factory reset except as a last resort. What you're describing falls into that.

With power applied, press and hold the Reset button for no less than 30 seconds. Then go through the setup. Be patient and follow the instructions carefully, as they have changed over time.

DBDukes
http://www.mystreaminglife.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
CopperQuarter
Level 7

Re: Model 3900X Multiple Problems

Thanks, I will give it a try and advise it it helps. 

0 Kudos