Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjpowers22
Level 7

Mirroring from IPhone 11 to tcl roku tv using airplay causes the app I’m mirroring from to freeze

When I mirror my iPhone 11 to my TCL roku tv using airplay, the app i am mirror freezes and I have to disconnect the mirroring completely in order to switch to a new app.

for example, if I mirror a channel from Hulu live, the Hulu app completely freezes and I cannot switch to another channel without totally disconnecting the mirroring connection and restarting the app.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Mirroring from IPhone 11 to tcl roku tv using airplay causes the app I’m mirroring from to freez

@cjpowers22 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos