Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
futureDoctor
Level 7

Mirror-for-Roku reverts to home screen within 3 min.

TCL Roku UHD 4KTV

Model: 65S425

Sn: X00000P73R4K

Software: 9.4.0 BUILD 4200-93

Device ID: S034D0373R4K

- - - - -

I see this topic has been an ongoing issue with other apps. I've only had the TV for a few days and so  this has only happened with this one screen sharing app, Mirror-for-Roku. My main TV is a non-Roku TV that I've had for a year now. I use the same app for that TV's brand and have never had this problem before.

So far, it always occurs within 3 min. of screen share playtime. Even though I've only had the TV for 3 days, I've followed the recommended steps, cleared cache, factory reset, ensured network connection was good (1200 Mbps (≈ 150 Mbs)), updated software, etc., but the issue still continues.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Mirror-for-Roku reverts to home screen within 3 min.

You'll need to contact the app's developer (AirBeamTV) about issues with the app:

https://www.airbeam.tv/contact-us/

I'd suggest using the built-in Screen Mirroring or AirPlay2 function, but your TV doesnt have the recently added AirPlay2 support, and your (unstated) phone appears to be an Apple (so it doesn't support Miracast).

Otherwise, you might consider returning that TV and getting a model that supports both Miracast (Windows/Android) via Screen Mirroring and AirPlay2 (Apple) via AirPlay2 & HomeKit:

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

Is my Roku device compatible?

To determine if you can use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku device, you need to know the software version and device model. To find this information, go to the home screen and select Settings > System > About.

The Roku devices listed below support streaming with AirPlay 2:

Device Model

Roku TV™ 

Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx 

Roku Streambar™

Roku Smart Soundbar 

9101, 9100 

Roku Ultra

4800, 4670, 4661, 4662, 4660, 4640 

Roku Premiere

4630, 4620, 3920 

Roku Streaming Stick®+ 

3811, 3810 

To use AirPlay and HomeKit, your compatible Roku device must be running Roku OS 9.4 or higher. Your Roku device checks for an update every 24-36 hours or you can manually check for a software update if necessary.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos