Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gravedigger
Level 7

Menu not coming up when it is turned on this evening.

Have the streaming stick+. Been very happy till this evening when I turned it on, all I get is roku floating around on the screen. Volume and mute control work, but can't get to a menu.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Menu not coming up when it is turned on this evening.

@Gravedigger

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried pressing the OK button to see if that works, or any other button? It looks like your device is in screensaver mode.

If that doesn't work, have you tried unplugging the device from the power and plugging it back in to see if you are still seeing the issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Gravedigger 

I'm going to vary slightly from what @RokuDanny-R said in that I'd suggest the HOME button rather than the OK button.

Clicking the OK or PLAY button can, depending on the screen saver, load apps or perform other functions. The HOME button ensures that can't happen. Apart from that, I (just a user like you) agree fully with what @RokuDanny-R said.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Gravedigger
Level 7

Yup, have pushed every button on the remote, no help. Haven't tried unplugging from power, will try that. I did notice that the blue light on the stick is not on. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Gravedigger
Level 7

And unplugging it seems to have fixed my problem! Light is on and everything is on screen like usual. Thanks all!

0 Kudos
Poppasgottanewb
Level 7

Make sure that you have updated your payment method in billing & Payments, this will cause nothing to happen as well

0 Kudos