Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyndie-paul
Level 7

MUTED SPEAKER ICON BLINKING ON MY SCREEN

When I plug my headphones into the ROKU REMOTE, I get a blinking mute speaker icon that NEVER goes away.  Not in the entire time that I am using my headphones.

Has anyone else ran into this problem?  Please help me! 

7 REPLIES 7\
cyndie-paul
Level 7

Re: MUTED SPEAKER ICON BLINKING ON MY SCREEN

Also, the volume comes in and out on one side of the headphones.   I guess that could be my headphones, but at this point I’m to tired to check!  But any help would be awesome! Thanks, Cyndie.

shawnesmith
Level 7

My sound is playing and the mute icon is flashing.  When I mute the Roku, the icon disappears.  I think the programming is faulty.  It seems that the flashing icon should appear when the Roku is actually muted.  Poor programming in my opinion.

0 Kudos
Desigirl
Level 7

I have that too when my headphones are in and I can’t shut it off. ROKU PLEASE FIX THIS!!! We should not have a dancing mute icon when headphones are being used. It’s distracting and so annoying!!!!

Schadeyacres
Level 7

This is happening to me too with Netflix. Has anyone found a fix?

0 Kudos
Awilley9
Level 7

Great workaround! Download the Roku app and use the remote. Plug in your headphones to your phone and viola!

0 Kudos
BigSkyBangarang
Level 7

In my case, I am routing Roku Ultr through my Denon AV and in the setup process, most likely testing audio, my TV volume (not my AV) was muted (not by myself). Not using tv audio on the regular I assumed this flashing icon was the Roku but it was actually my TV volume showing it was muted. Hope this helps someone else out there. Cheers!

0 Kudos
Val21
Level 7

Problem solved:

I found the cause to be from my mute button on my xfinity/comcast remote. Hit mute button on xfinity remote to turn off.

0 Kudos