Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nich0142
Level 7

MKV Audio Issue Please Help

It is strange but within the last week I can't get any audio from my MKV files?
Using Roku Media Player.
All of my MKV files had no issues about a week ago and now having issues? 
Video is OK but no Audio.

Was there an update that screwed something up??

Much Appreciated any thoughts!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: MKV Audio Issue Please Help

"nich0142" wrote:
It is strange but within the last week I can't get any audio from my MKV files?
Using Roku Media Player.
All of my MKV files had no issues about a week ago and now having issues? 
Video is OK but no Audio.

Was there an update that screwed something up??

Much Appreciated any thoughts!!!!!!!!

Which device? Include model number. Also, the software version, to include the build. "Latest" is not a number/version. Spell it out.

How are you accessing them? Via drive connected via USB? Via a DLNA server? How?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

This is the same exact problem I just experienced with the new Premiere I bought (see this thread). Since it's brand new, I can't say if it ever worked before. I just tested my Ultra, and it's playing audio from MKVs without a problem. This is RMP version 4.1 build 1609. Becoming suspicious, now that someone else has reported the same issue.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
fluke
Level 10

Can you check which audio codec is being used in the MKV?

In VLC this can be found while the video is loaded under Tools -> Codec Information (or pressing control-J)

In HandBrake it can be found after loading the video under the Summary tab.

You can find the list of supported Codecs for the specific Roku by going in Roku Media Player to Help and then clicking Next until it says "Supported Files"

I would also recommend attempting to re-encode using HandBrake if the codec isn't already AAC and then seeing if the resulting file plays.
0 Kudos