Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bombznroses
Level 7

Low volume through soundbar

I recently purchased a Westinghouse soundbar for my 65” TCL Roku TV because I thought that the one I had purchased at goodwill didn’t work well. You can hear audio, but not at the level you would expect from a connected, amplified speaker. I use the optical because the soundbar doesn’t have HDMI. Couldn’t get it to work with RCA or line our outputs either. Help, please!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
lion7718
Level 8

Re: Low volume through soundbar

Don't know if this will help...
When I was using my soundbar, setting it to 'Music' produced the best sound.

I use a sound system now.
Roku Stick: 3800RW
Roku Stick: 3800X
Roku Stick: 3600X (Died)
Roku 1 SE: 2710X (Retired)
Roku 2 XS: 3100X (Retired)
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Low volume through soundbar

"Bombznroses" wrote:
I recently purchased a Westinghouse soundbar for my 65” TCL Roku TV because I thought that the one I had purchased at goodwill didn’t work well. You can hear audio, but not at the level you would expect from a connected, amplified speaker. I use the optical because the soundbar doesn’t have HDMI. Couldn’t get it to work with RCA or line our outputs either. Help, please!

What's the model of the sound bar?

And if you don't mind me asking, and only because some people don't know how soundbars work, have you adjusted the soundbar's volume? I've known people to ask if their TV remote will control their soundbar (it won't), so just making sure you've adjusted your soundbar volume. Also know that some soundbars are just crap. If you bought a Westinghouse soundbar and it's of the crappy, low wattage variety, you'll get what you paid for.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos