Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low volume on dialog with Roku Express Plus

I have a Roku Express + HD, model 3910RW from Walmart. Connected it to a 17 year old analog Toshiba TV. Connected to composite TV video input with analog audio input. The problem is the dialog is too low. Have to turn the TV volume up high to hear what people are saying but when music plays or their is a loud sound the volume is way too loud. Have to keep turning the TV volume up and down. I have tried night, leveling and off in the volume mode settings on Roku but it makes no difference. Selected stereo on Roku instead of auto detect. Tried all the sound settings on TV. Want to be able to watch Roku without having to turn volume up and down all the time like when i watch regular OTA TV through my digital TV converter box. Read on this forum someone suggested turning on theater sound but i can't find that setting. My guess is i need to use the HDMI output on Roku to a stereo receiver with HDMI input? Thank you.  
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Low volume on dialog with Roku Express Plus

Is there any way yo try this Roku on a more modern TV, with HDMI cables? I'm not saying you need to replace your TV, but just wondering if you can try a different seruo for troubleshooting purposes. Maybe there's bad connections to either the left or right stereo connectors..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos

I don't have any modern TV's with HDMI input. Only have analog TV's. That is the reason i bought the Roku Express+ HD.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

"MystreamingDevice19" wrote:
I don't have any modern TV's with HDMI input. Only have analog TV's. That is the reason i bought the Roku Express+ HD.

I figured that, but perhaps your TV inputs have issues, after all, they're probably pretty old if they don't have HDMI inputs. I'm asking if you can go to a friend or relative's, plug your Roku into their tv with an HDMI cable, and see if the problem persists.

In the meantime are you 100% sure that all of your cables are plugged in where they're supposed to go, and also are you sure they're plugged in securely?

What is the make and model of your TV(s), so maybe we can look into some of the audio settings for it?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos