Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
realtormarkh
Level 7

Low power when using the supplied power cord directly to the wall outlet.

Jump to solution

My Roku Express has been working well for the past almost 3 months.  All of sudden, we get the low power error message.  We reset the TV and the Roku.  The Roku USB is connected to the TV via the HDMI cable. The Roku power is connected to a surge strip.  Why "low power" after working for 3 months?  What do I try next to resolve this issue?  I miss my Roku!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Level 21

Re: Low power when using the supplied power cord directly to the wall outlet.

Jump to solution

There's been numerous reports of the Roku supplied USB power adapter failing after a short period of time.  The only thing I can suggest it to try another USB power source.  You probably have several adapters lying around from phones and whatnot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

There's been numerous reports of the Roku supplied USB power adapter failing after a short period of time.  The only thing I can suggest it to try another USB power source.  You probably have several adapters lying around from phones and whatnot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@realtormarkh 

Thanks for the note.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Vollaw
Level 7

Jump to solution

This just happened to me. Replacing the power supply with one that's just hanging around the house is not a very professional solution.  How do I get ROKU to replace this power supply?  I have 7 ROKUs in my house and I don't think I have that many spare power supplies it they all fail.

0 Kudos
DWags
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue and tried another power transformer equivilent to roku's and still got the same notice on the screen. "Insufficient power". I think the unit has developed an internal problem. It has worked ok for over a year. Why can't we talk directly to a Roku Tech?

0 Kudos
DWags
Level 7

Jump to solution

Has Roku found a solution to this problem yet?

0 Kudos
Dolinkey
Level 7

Jump to solution

11/10/2020

Danny, one of my Roku sticks (model 3810X) has been doing the same "low voltage" error message with the notice to connect to a direct power source.  The unit has always been connected direct to a surge protector 110v outlet.  Often I can unplug the power source from the stick, wait a minute and reconnect the power, and the unit works......only for a short while.  Basically I'm dead in the water on this Roku stick.  Has Tech Support figured out a solution to this issue?

0 Kudos