Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Low power message while using power adapter

Jump to solution

@kR13 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device that you are getting the low power message from in  Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
oba888

Low Power Brand New Roku Premiere

Jump to solution

I purchased a brand new Premiere for my sister in law. I'm getting low power when using the supplied cords Why?? I tried it on two TV's, both cord's, and in different rooms. How do I get replacements?

Sign,

Unhappy

andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Low Power Brand New Roku Premiere

Jump to solution

Most likely it's a defective power supply. Depending on how you bought it, it may be easier just to return the whole Roku and get another one.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Low Power Brand New Roku Premiere

Jump to solution
What are you plugging the power supply cord into -- into a USB port on the TV or into the supplied power supply adaptor which is plugged into a house socket? Some tv USB ports may not provide the needed power level for the Roku.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
a6bernhardt
Reel Rookie

Roku Express Keeps Failing - How to Fix?

Jump to solution

I purchased a Roku Express one year ago. It has begun failing every time I use it. I get two messages: insufficient power (USB port on your TV will not power this device. Please use a USB power adaptor); and a message about checking the source. I am using the Roku-supplied power adaptor and cord, plugged into a power source. I have tried switching ports in the back of my Samsung TV. Nothing works. HELP!!!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express Keeps Failing - How to Fix?

Jump to solution

@a6bernhardt 

Thanks for the note.

For more information on how to resolve a Low Power Warning on your device, visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is flashing or I see a "low-power" warning?

If the issue is still not resolved, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
a6bernhardt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do I PM you? My roku is still not working.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Just click on their name and visit profile. lOOk on the right.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
a6bernhardt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. Now if they will assist!

0 Kudos
dudemanjch

Roku Express - Low Power while using provided adaptor / cable

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I've got a Roku Express that gives me the "Low Power" a few times a week, even though I'm using the supplied adapter / cable. I've tried other adapters (apple, etc) and cables and it doesn't seem to fix it. A quick removal and re-seating the power cable itself solves it, but it's very annoying.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos