Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Low power message while using power adapter

Jump to solution

Hi @mcah2713,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? 

How are you powering the Roku Express 4K+ (3941X)? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot with low power issues: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning | Official Roku Support
Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sher5

Jump to solution

I  getting a low power message for my Roku unit,  Model 3910X     I have tried everything that has-been suggested, different cord, different adapter, different outlet, nothing helped. I am using the USB cable and adapter that came with my Roku player. I am not using a USB Port for power. I am connected to a working power outlet. Please advise.   Thank you,  Sheryl [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sher5,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About?

I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tooner1
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express Keeps Failing - How to Fix?

Jump to solution

I have the same bs low power usb power message on my Roku I have only had for 3 months wtf? I am plugged into the wall outlet and the usb which I tried all four of on my tv and still get this bs message. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tooner1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning | Official Roku Support 

If you are still having any issues with the "Low power" message" after following the steps provided from the link, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
flytwa

Jump to solution

I have 2 ROKU Express+. Both are get power from a wall plug and the supplied adapter. Today, one has begun showing the low power warning.

I followed the steps under "What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning". No luck.

I have also tried using the TV USB power, an Apple adapter, plus swapping the two device so I am using different cords and adapter. Nothing has worked so far.

Recommendations?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@flytwa

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Was working intermittently but now just gives the low power message. Need this resolved. Website shows posts from other customers but cannot find a place to submit my complaint. Fix your product and fix your website. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Jimgriffin10

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

If you haven't tried yet, we would recommend starting with the suggestions available in this Support link: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KLM322

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 4K+ 2021 that I bought in May 2021 but was used very little until recently.. it has always been plugged into the wall outlet I continually get the low power warning recently. I have gone through the solutions that I can find but there’s nothing that solves this . It is obvious from this topic that this is a repeat problem what will you do to solve it for me? 

0 Kudos