Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
needabreak

Re: Low power message while using power adapter

Jump to solution

Bruce Herbert   [personal information] mobile

Model 3920X  SN: JF298D475947

MESSAGE ON TV IS LOW USB POWER, suggest plug in a different TV usb slot

Trouble is it is not plugged into any USB for power. It is plugged into 120 volt electric socket using same Roku provided power adapter and Roku's provided cord. Tried rebooting etc, tried different AC socket. Only get a weak white steady light that within a few seconds changes to flashing.  NO RED LIGHT EVER. Same cord and power converter since original installation. I tried using a Iphone power supply usb adapter with the original Roku cord. Iphone power is only 0.2 amps where Roku power is 0.3 amps, both adapters are 5 volts. Switching changed nothing. 

I thus assume I need a new power converter/adapter and just to be sure a new cord (standard USB for the converter end/side and mini USB for the Roku devise). The number on the power supply is:

ADS 6RA  06 05050EPCU

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP,

BRUCE HERBERT

[personal information]

BRUCE 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @needabreak

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Zeti80

Jump to solution

I had similar issue as Tareva, but it's today. And it's happen during watching a program?!?! How could this happen, and what possibly went wrong? It have been years I'm owning this ROKU Premier.

Already switching power adapter & cable available, still same result. No red flashing light, already made it into main screen then pop-up Insufficient Power message. From there I cannot access anything include setting, but in a while screen saver will show up with incorrect hour.

Please help & guide me

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Zeti80

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hs505

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I've had that issue for more than a year-- so frustrating that I don't use my Roku device on this particular tv, just on my other one. Didn't occur to me to look at the forum. How do I access settings/system to find the serial number of my device? Thank you.

Heidi

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@hs505

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? Feel free to also provide us with the serial number/device ID on the bottom of your device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Macks

Jump to solution

I am using the power cord and wall plug and still receiving a low power message. I have reset/unplugged multiple times. Tried a different cord from another Roku that works. Tried plugging the USB into the TV. What else???

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Macks,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings > System > About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you further. Thank you!

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hockdog

Jump to solution

Same problem with my Express+, I have replaced everything except the Roku box itself.  Next step is to buy an Amazon Fire Stick and toss the Roku since no one has determined that the Roku boxes go bad.....

0 Kudos
mcah2713

Jump to solution

X01600T9ENM0

0 Kudos