Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AWADE2004

Re: Low power message while using power adapter

Jump to solution

It was working fine for over a year and this message popped up. I changed batteries and same message

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@AWADE2004

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Julesstur

Re: Roku Express Keeps Failing - How to Fix?

Jump to solution

I have have the same issue.  I’ve had. Y Roku for several years.  I can’t bypass the message to get to the settings screen.  Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express Keeps Failing - How to Fix?

Jump to solution

@Julesstur,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

For us to isolate the issue, could you tell us if your Roku device is powered by the USB port at the back of your TV or by a wall outlet? If you haven't tried any troubleshooting steps yet, you can try the suggestions below.

1. Verify that you are using the USB cable that came with your Roku player
    • If you are using any USB cable other than the one that came with your Roku player, replace it with the one that came with your Roku player.
  2. Try a different USB Port
    • Some USB ports have different power characteristics. Connecting your Roku player or Roku Streaming Stick to a different USB port on your TV may resolve the issue.
  3. Connect power to power-outlet
    • Using the included power cord and power adapter*, connect the Roku player or Roku Streaming Stick to a working power outlet in the wall.
    • Connecting to a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

In some cases, using a different USB cable and power adaptor from mobile devices may help resolve the issue. Try giving it a shot.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

All the best,

Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bt2

Jump to solution

im having the same problem, please help only way i can watch tv

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @bt2

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the steps provided above? If not, try giving it a shot! The troubleshooting steps can also be found in this Support article: What should I do if the red light is flashing or I see a "low-power" warning?

Furthermore, please let us know how are you powering the device. Is it plugged into the TV USB port or to a wall outlet using the Roku provided cables? With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Yankereb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After updating to 10.0 OS we started to get the "low power " warning.  Once in a while it seems to boot up normally but can not find the network.  We have tried different sockets and another adapter but same issue.  We have always used the USB power adapter so not sure why it is giving this error.   Do you know of a fix because while the error is up the roku will not respond to any commands. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Yankereb

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able pass the information along to our Support team to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Yankereb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Yankereb

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able pass the information along to our Support team to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

It is model 3920X  Device ID: K430SE825723

SN: YH00EE825723 from the settings > system > About page.

We got this number from the bottom of the device since we cannot get to settings due to the error coming up.

It is less than a year old.  

We finally got the roku to come up without the error but it will not find or connect to any network.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Appreciate the reply, @Yankereb

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos