Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredalba56

Re: Low power message while using power adapter

Jump to solution

Moved tv from shoppe which is in garage to indoor bedroom and got the low power alert.

found a fast charge plug for my android phone. immediately hooked up.

0 Kudos
Laura6682
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update:

I am still having the issue, but what I did discover is if you wiggle the power cord in the back of the Roku, the power goes in and out.  If you get it just right, the light stays blue and the device works.  I am guessing this is an issue with the power port, and the until can not be salvaged?

Laura

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Laura6682

Thank for the follow up.

For clarification, is it the device connection that is the issue, or the power cable itself that is causing what you are seeing?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Laura6682
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

Sorry for the confusion.  The unit was not working, but I did find another power cord that seems to be working.  I will try this for a few days, and see if the issue returns. 

0 Kudos
biziguy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

Sorry, I am unable to PM you as system thinks I am newbie (though I had communicated with you last Oct for batteries draining out in 2 days issue).

For last 3 days, I am without Roku because of Low Power Message. 

Obviously, I followed all the troubleshooting steps suggested here in the forums. Change power plug, power cable and I have started directly connecting it to power socket but still no go. 

Removed all cables and left them out overnight, and this morning the Roku came up. I quickly managed to grab the technical details you asked for. And it's back to Low Power message and nothing can be done now.

===============

Firmware Version - rtn.4062

Name - Voice Remote 

Model - RC402

================

Sorry, I didn't find the serial number.

Will attach the screen-shot here. 

0 Kudos
biziguy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku settings details.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@biziguy

Thanks for the post.

When providing personal information, please send that information in a private message (PM) as we highly recommend not posting personal information in a public place.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
biziguy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny,

But as I mentioned in my original post, I am unable to PM you.

0 Kudos
speedtest

Jump to solution

i got the same issue as wee. still looking for an alternate.

0 Kudos
speedtest

Jump to solution

still got the same issue looking forward to see and alternative.

0 Kudos