Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyP70
Reel Rookie

Re: Low power message while using power adapter - solved?

Jump to solution

Not sure if I solved this or it's just coincidence, but mine is now working again, still on the same Roku power adaptor, no error messages. I had to reset it using the recessed button on the back something like a dozen times though, the last 3 or 4 I tried to input the network ID and password manually before the low power message came back, on the 4th time I beat the message and the Roku came back to life, that was 4 days ago and it's still working.

Not sure if it fixed itself or what I did fixed it, but worth a go, you do need patience though!

Until I managed to get the network details in manually the MAC address was a bunch of zeroes (which won't work with any network) and the automatic scan for networks was dead. Once it started working all went back to normal, proper MAC address etc (must be a virtual one in software).

Not sure if firmware update to blame as last software update still shows as 18 December and it was about 3rd Jan when it stopped working, unless it's somehow reveted to a previous one.

Hope this helps someone, might work for you.

#lowpower #express

0 Kudos
LNFlames
Reel Rookie

Re: Low power message while using power adapter

Jump to solution

How do you get to "Settings>System>About" if you can't get the Roku to power up?

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Obviously you can't.  This thread is about a low power message which can only occur if the Roku powered up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
LNFlames
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Obviously this hasn't happened to you. When the low power error message comes up you can't get past it. It just locks up on the screen. There is no way to get to the settings menu because the unit will not power up to full and just sits there with the error message on the screen. 

0 Kudos
AndyP70
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It took me several resets (via the recessed button on the rear of the Roku) plus leaving it unplugged overnight a couple of times, about 3-4 days total. Then 4-5 unsuccessful attempts to get to the info before the low power message appeared. (you have to be fast on the on screen keyboard).

Maybe I was just lucky.....

0 Kudos
puppy1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I sent a pm to Danny with my info yesterday 2/2/21 hoping to get a response soon, thank you

0 Kudos
virgilspencer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If you just on plug it from the wall outlet and plug it back in it will reset the device and it will work like it should. or change the HDMI InPut to a different one and it works well on my tv.

0 Kudos
ruffwood80

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with my roku premier and tried multiple adapters and still having the same issue.  I cannot seem to get to a support person through the website. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ruffwood80

Thanks for the post.

I have responded to the PM that you sent me and I'll continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Laura6682
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  I am using the provided cord and power adapter and I keep getting the low-power message.  There are times when it will not even start up to get the message; I have to unplug it completely for 20 seconds and restart it. I did try a different adapter, but receive the same message.  I will try and different power cord and see what happens. 

Laura