Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Low power message while using power adapter

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

Our roku stick is less than a month old. It has the low power error recently when plugged into the wall using the provided cable and adapter. Additionally it has required being restarted rather frequently from the screen going black. Other times it will not respond to the remote, even though the batteries are good. Please help. 

[personal information removed]
sn: 21308H748248
model: 3810x

Thanks  
Bob

Diva1

Jump to solution

Hello Danny I am having the same issue with the power cord

[personal information removed]

id CT389G550526

Brownie30
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

[personal information removed] i cant get to the model or serial number i used everything that came with my roku device and i also checked it on another tv still the same issue what can i do had it for less than a year.

Brownie30
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model# 3900x [personal information removed] serial number c33956563535

boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Just click on @RokuDanny-R  abd send the info to him with a private message PM

on the right and down.

Some of the power adapters are known to be funky.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Hanerhoffmusic @Brownie30 @Diva1 

Thanks for the information.

For future reference, when providing personal information, please make sure to send that information in a private message (PM) as we highly recommend not posting personal information in a public place.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brownie30
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Okay thank you its very important because i have several roku devices and i need to know is it going to be covered under warranty

0 Kudos
FalconsFan

Anybody that has a low power issue should try this.

Jump to solution

Replace the cheap 2 piece usb cable and usb block setup with an actual 1 piece power plug. I used 1 that I was using to charge a tablet and it has worked so far. 

0 Kudos
AndyP70
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

One of my two Roku Express, 18 months old, just started doing this. Have tried other cables and adapters up to 4A, no joy. Managed to get it going briefly using the reset button on the back, but wouldn't connect and MAC address showing as 00:00:00:00:00:00:00 - MAC address is the physical address of the network card in the device and can't possibly be zero, at least the first six digits should be the manufacturer's code (other one starts 8C:49:62: etc). Reading the other posts looking more and more like a failed or inappropriate firmware update (MAC address could be virtual so could be changed/reset by update). Now won't even respond to reset button. Leaving power out overnight also doesn't change anything. Have sent a PM with details to Danny as advised above. Seriously considering Firestick or Chromecast if this can't be sorted as clearly not the adaptor.

0 Kudos
rwltcowboy

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

As of 10:30 last night, I have been getting the low power message as well, while using the supplied USB cord and adapter. I have already tried using a different cord and adapter and still not able to get past the low power message screen. [personal information removed] my ROKU Express device ID #is C4393E123198. What do I need to do now?

Thanks,  Gino