Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jammieleigh2009
Reel Rookie

Re: Low power message while using power adapter

Jump to solution

how many of you have an issue with a loose cord that doesn't keep connection? that's my issue. i haven't had mine 2 months, and the part the goes into the roku is loose

Sonya229

Low power message while using power adapter

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Premier that i bought not even 2 months ago brand new. I am using the supplied usb cord and power adapter to plug device into the wall.  When trying to use it I get a low power message and tells me to use the usb power adapter (which of course I am already using).  Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
smussabir

Jump to solution

Same here with a Roku express. Got it last March, worked great, now getting the low power message. Occasionally I can get the message to go away by rebooting but then it won't connect to wifi.

0 Kudos
Premier

Jump to solution

Used this roku premier for 7months now and since we bought it theres always a problem. Now its showing low power message. Did all recommendations from using wall plug to switching different usb cord and adopter. Issue still unsolved and Keeps on showing low power. Why it is very challenging to contact Roku support. No phone or online chat support. Hence I sorted finding help in the forum section. 

6F685AB6-3568-4D0B-819C-262FE6884EF4.jpeg

C5103F1B-99CE-4D42-801C-A3CE8F7C0F81.jpeg

0BC3EDB0-6A06-4676-85CF-697924215828.jpeg

0 Kudos
NYCGail
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issue. This seems to be a known issue, and Roku support is suggesting people buy a different powercord? If they know it's a problem, why aren't they enclosing better cords in the first place? I will be waiting to hear back from Roku, but will probably be returning my Roku. Sad. 

0 Kudos
TanHerb

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with the power warning and the loose connection between the stick and the cord. I've had this stick for a while and all of a sudden this problem pops up. I tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions. Would like to know what I should do next.

0 Kudos
jammieleigh2009
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I replaced the cord and it works now. I actually used the hdmi cord from my cell phone. Good luck ! I was having issues where it wouldn't register til i changed the cord. 

0 Kudos
Tiburon83

Jump to solution

I also have the same issue. It just started randomly today. I've tried multiple adapters and cables. It was plugged in with the supplied cable and adapter when this happened. Could something be wrong with the device? It is a Roku Express, not much more than a year old. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
BeccaLynn

Jump to solution

This is the exact problem. The way the cord sits in the connection in the box itself is loose, which causes the low power. We have had to use duct tape to fix this problem. Lesson learned. Will go with a different streaming company when we decide to replace boxes.

0 Kudos
NYCGail
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Returned my Roku and got a Google Chromecast instead. Love it so far!!! 

0 Kudos