Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Masonman
Reel Rookie

Re: Low power message while using power adapter

Jump to solution

I purchased a new power cord and now when I turn it on It does power on now.  However now it wont find the wifi network.  the router is only a few feet away and the wifi works fine on other devices.  There are a number of available networks in my building and the roku doesn't find any.  Any idea?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express - Low Power while using provided adaptor / cable

Jump to solution

@dudemanjch 

Thanks for the note.

Are you powering the device using the TV USB port or is the device plugged into a wall outlet?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Masonman 

Thanks for the note.

I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MSharpe

Jump to solution

If we are using the provided cord and device, why should we ever have to purchase a new one?  This is crazy!  Can't anyone make stuff that lasts?  I've had this device for 6 months.  I still have a radio from the 70's that works just fine.  

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MSharpe  Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the experience you're running into. We'd be happy to get you in touch with our support team for some help with a warranty replacement. Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the unit). 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Sidney1776

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD Adding on here rather than start a new comment. Roku 3900 with the same issue. I plugged my phone into the adapter and it appears that the adapter itself is the issue. We have owned the device less than a year.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Sidney1776  Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to help get you in touch with our support team for some help with a warranty replacement. Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the unit). 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
ctrtl

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem - have had the Roku streaming stick for 3 years. I got the "low power" message about a year ago, but it started working if I unplugged it for 10 seconds or so then re-plugged it. But now, nothing seems to work. I'm using the provided cord and adapter. I tried resetting the Roku, and thought it was working, but now can't find WiFi. Any help is welcome!

0 Kudos
Malcaraz

Jump to solution

Hi the same message has popped up for my Roku even after buying a new Roku branded power adapter. I can’t do anything in regards to the setting because the message stays up and won’t let me open the settings

0 Kudos
kayt

Re: Roku Express - Low Power while using provided adaptor / cable

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am getting the same "low power" message as other Roku users. I receive the low power message almost every time I stream on my Toshiba tv.

Roku user email: kaytindel@yahoo.com

Roku serial number: YF009L291681

Model: 3800X Roku Streaming Stick

Device ID: CT38D9291681

My mailing address is Kay Tindel, 12118 Walnut Park Xing, Apt 1311, Austin, TX 78753

Thanks...Kay

0 Kudos