Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoiseGail

Low power message while using power adapter

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express and it is brand new.  I am using the supplied usb cord and power adapter to plug device into the wall.  When trying to use it I get a low power message and tells me to use the usb power adapter (which of course I am already using).  Any suggestions? 

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Low power message while using power adapter

Jump to solution

@BoiseGail  Thanks for the note here! It's possible that there may be an issue with either the cable or the adapter. You can try using an alternate cable or power adapter to power the device. If that isn't an option or doesn't work, let us know and we can get you in touch with our support team for help with a replacement under warranty. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@virgilspencer 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can purchase a replacement power adapter on our Products page here: Streaming Stick® Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are having an issue with a low power message and are using the provided power cable and adapter, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

161 REPLIES 161
okaussie3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I am thinking that the only reason you get this error is the ROKU is not receiving the 1 amp required to run the device. 

Bad or loose connection,  bad cable or bad cube.  The cube should be putting out 1 amp.  Could be the connection on the cube to the AC outlet or the DC outlet to the ROKU.

Just some things to check..

Bill

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@BoiseGail  Thanks for the note here! It's possible that there may be an issue with either the cable or the adapter. You can try using an alternate cable or power adapter to power the device. If that isn't an option or doesn't work, let us know and we can get you in touch with our support team for help with a replacement under warranty. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Masonman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I Have a Roku Express I have been using for a year, today I get the "Insufficient Power"  message.  I was using the supplied cable and adapter.  I have tried many other cables and USB adapters, and plugged into another TV.  Still same message.  I have tried USB power adapters upto 2A and still same issue. Any suggestions. 

virgilspencer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

how can I get a different power adapter

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@virgilspencer 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can purchase a replacement power adapter on our Products page here: Streaming Stick® Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tareva

Jump to solution

I’m having same issue! I have had it for about a year and it’s always plugged into wall outlet with provided usb and power adapter with no issues till last 3 days. I have tried multiple different subs and power adapter since receiving the error and no success. What should I Do! 

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tareva Thanks for the note. If you've tried using multiple alternate power cables and/or wall power adapters, and you are still seeing this type of error message, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About. We'll get you in touch with our support team to see what other options are available. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Tricial49

Jump to solution

We have had the Roku, with the remote and the piece that sits next to tv, since October. It's been giving the low power signal on tv and the picture breaks up. If this things under warranty, how do I get replaced?? My husband took my samsung usb plu for my Note 8 and plugged in. I want my plug back. So how do I get this Roku plug?????

0 Kudos
kR13

Jump to solution

I have this same issue and purchased a replacement adapter but still receive the same message. What else can I do? How can I contact support directly?