Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milehidan
Level 7

Low power and connectivity

I am dealing with 2 issues with my Roku Express+. Have had it a little over 2 months and has been working just fine. Suddenly in the last couple days, I'm getting the error msg that the usb device does not have enough power even though it is plugged into the wall outlet. I have unplugged it, let it "reset;" sometimes for hours, plugged it back in, sometimes I'll get the same msg right away, sometimes I'll get a few minutes of play and then get the msg. Issue 2, have not had any internet connectivity problems with the wifi until the other situation has presented itself. Roku will power up but then can't find an internet connection. Any insight as to what is going on?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Basil
Level 10

Re: Low power and connectivity

Assuming there is no issue with the power source (the wall outlet) then it certainly seems as if the power supply for the Roku is defective. That would cause all kinds of issues. It could be the device itself. Regardless, it may be advisable to return/exchange the device. You've had it for 2 months, which means it's still under warranty, so pursuing a repair/replacement (most likely it'll be replaced) would be in order.

Oh, if you have another Roku Express (or Express+) on another TV, you could swap the power supplies (or the Roku boxes) and see if the problem follows the power supply.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos