Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Low and changing audio levels on Roku Premier

Jump to solution

Hello

Yesterday the audio output levels starting acting up on my Roku Premier  unit. They will be low on the menu screen and they will vary in volume while on channels. I have to adjust the volume a lot to compensate. I've checked the settings,system updatesm restarted the unit, reset the network without any success. My other wireless devices work OK including streaming on the DVD unit. Should I do a factory reset? Any advice welcome!

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Low and changing audio levels on Roku Premier

Jump to solution

@MDavid1955  Thanks for the note here. Different channel providers use different media codecs and formatting for their content, which can cause the behavior you are seeing. We always recommend providing feedback to each channel provider if you are observing a specific issue in their channel. 

We do offer a feature that can help smooth out some of these difference, referred to as Volume Modes (on supported device models). You might try enabling this if your device supports the feature, and seeing if this helps. Learn more here: https://support.roku.com/article/226802507-how-do-i-use-volume-modes-on-my-roku-streaming-device-

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Low and changing audio levels on Roku Premier

Jump to solution

@MDavid1955  Thanks for the note here. Different channel providers use different media codecs and formatting for their content, which can cause the behavior you are seeing. We always recommend providing feedback to each channel provider if you are observing a specific issue in their channel. 

We do offer a feature that can help smooth out some of these difference, referred to as Volume Modes (on supported device models). You might try enabling this if your device supports the feature, and seeing if this helps. Learn more here: https://support.roku.com/article/226802507-how-do-i-use-volume-modes-on-my-roku-streaming-device-

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos