Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Low Power/No Network Connectivity

I have a Roku Express that doesn't get used very often, but we noticed about a month ago that the light on it goes between flashing white and flashing red.  We use the power supply that the Roku came with, so power should not be an issue, but it also cannot keep network connectivity.  I've tried using another cable and it didn't change anything.  I assume there's something wrong with the stick or power supply itself, but it doesn't appear that I can receive any sort of company customer assistance on the issue?  Anything left to try or is it just trash at this point?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Low Power/No Network Connectivity

If its flashing Red it is a power problem.

Maybe it loses power for some reason sporadically.

Maybe the leads are bad or corroded. Who knows?.

Do you live in an area with high humidity?????

If its solid Red unplug it its overheating.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Low Power/No Network Connectivity

I have the same problem with my Roku unit. Every time I turn on the TV, I get a "No Signal" message, yet the internet signal is strong on all of my devices. I have to unplug the Roku and plug it back in a couple of times before it will reset and make a connection. It is very frustrating. The Roku is also very warm, yet it has plenty of circulation around it. 

2/14/2020

0 Kudos