Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imemine
Roku Guru

Re: Loud commercials

The last couple times I've watched the Roku channel yesterday and today the commercials are way down. Thank you Roku

0 Kudos
nightfisher
Streaming Star

Re: ROKU has set the volume way to high on commercials, it should be the same as content volume.

I agree about the high volume on commercials.  I looked for a place to leave a suggestion and this is the only place I found to post.

I turn the commercials on mute they are so loud.  It is too much hassle to scroll the volume up and down every single time.   I am sure it is THE EXACT OPPOSITE of the results they going for. 

And while I am at it..... does anyone else think there are way too many commercials ??  Not only that, but they are the same ones over and over and over again.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU has set the volume way to high on commercials, it should be the same as content volume.

Hello @nightfisher

Thanks for the post.

Try enabling Automatic Volume Leveling from the settings menu and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing. To do this, follow the instructions below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select Audio.
  4. Select Volume modes.
  5. Leveling: Enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
nightfisher
Streaming Star

Thank you Kariza.  That WOULD be great... but I just spent 10 minutes searching and my Audio settings section does not have levelling on it.  I have a RoKU TV.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@nightfisher

I apologize for the delay in response.

Since your Roku TV's audio settings don't have leveling on it, we would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team. There might be an option on their end that is similar or may allow the functionality I suggested.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also check out this link: How do I use volume modes on my Roku® streaming device?

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
nightfisher
Streaming Star

Thank you.  I will go through this one more time.  My manufacturer is not listed.  It is a Hisense from Walmart.

streaming_fan
Roku Guru

@nightfisher Do whatever it takes to get this feature (auto volume leveling) working on your setup.

I mean, even if you have to change your setup to do it (change to a different TV/player/streaming stick).

There's no enjoying Roku streaming without this feature.  I'm using Roku Ultra, it works on mine.

Good luck.  

0 Kudos
nightfisher
Streaming Star

It got Roku as an integrated part of a tv set.  Since I wrote that post, they have fixed their commercials volume.

Now if they would just figure out how to reduce the number of commercials they put on.  It seems like they break for commercial every 7 to 10 minutes.  NOT WORTH IT.  I am going back to watching tv channels so I can occasionally switch back and forth during the commercials.

0 Kudos
Ashleylr31

Commercials are set at a volume that can alert the next zip code over

Any solutions regarding the deafening volume of all Roku commercials? (This is for the proprietary Roku channel on a Roku tv- and NOT related to any other steaming services.)

The ‘leveling’ option of the volume settings does not improve the issue. 

Aside from hitting ‘mute’ the second a commercial break resumes, I am at a loss. 

It is such a problem that I will not continue to watch the Roku channel, after Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist is finished. 
11/21/21

#volume 

HALDAK
Reel Rookie

My Audio settings section does not have levelling on it.  I have a RoKU TV.

0 Kudos