Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PennyA

Loud chattering noise on start up

Got this roku ultra for Christmas.  Last week when I turned it on, it went to the fish picture but made a loud chattering noise.  If I unplug it & replug it in, it works fine.  Only seems to happen if it's been off awhile, like overnight.  Help this grandma, please.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Loud chattering noise on start up

@PennyA

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
350z

I too have the chattering problem.  It started 3 days ago. The only way I found to stop it is by disconnecting it from power.

Are there any helpful suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @350z,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device?

Once we have this information, I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos