Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhsvr

Lost Atmos on all apps (except Plex)

Hello,

I have a Roku Streaming Stick 4K (3820), Hisense TV and Sonos Beam.

All has been working fine using ARC and every app I use (Netflix/Disney+/Prime/Apple TV/Plex) has been playing Atmos great.

Today I seem to have lost Atmos on all the apps except Plex, Netflix/Disney no longer show the Atmos logo on content, Plex plays Atmos (eac3) fine.

My settings haven't changes and all are on Auto, the Roku says "Availble: Dolby Atmos"

I power cycled everything and turned on in different order but no luck.

Is there anything else I can try? It's frustrating as I know it was working.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Mookey
Reel Rookie

Re: Lost Atmos on all apps (except Plex)

I have the same problem.  It worked fine last month watching the Beatles trilogy on Disney +, now everything is the same but Disney only gets PCM, no surround of any kind.  I have an older 1080 TV, the Roku streaming stick is plugged in to a Denon AVR. Made sure everything has the latest software.   Sad that I bought the Streaming Stick in order to watch Disney content with Atmos.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Mookey, what's the software version displayed under Settings->System->About?  While you're there, what's the model number?

Also, make sure you're not using any of the audio modes like leveling or night mode.  Press * while watching a video to check.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Mookey
Reel Rookie

Thanks for responding.

Software version 10.5.1, build 4066-CU

Model 3820 - Streaming stick 4K

Audio modes are off.

0 Kudos
Mookey
Reel Rookie

ITS BACK!!

i turned off the levelling mode, restarted the roku device, suddenly in have Atmos.

Thanks for the tip.  Funny how such a small thing can can throw you off.

-Mike

0 Kudos

Big thanks to this thread, just come across the same issue and turned.out.to be leveling was switched on and stopping.5.1/Atmos from working 👍

0 Kudos