Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Loss of audio

Please help, I'm at my wits end. I will provide as much info as I can, please ask any further questions you need to help me.

I.d. 05-184-034.  Roke stick 3500eu.   Serial no. 2md617010905.  Software 9.3 build 4143-09.  Wireless internet connection running at 11mbps. Connected via HDMI.  All ports and cables cleaned.  The problem occurs on all channels. Different HDMI ports used.
The sound drops out at various points in time, with no pattern to the length of time between episodes. This may happen once a night or 50 times a night. The only way to remedy the situation is to turn the tv off and on again, as you can imagine this is very frustrating.
Advice or solutions greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
15 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Loss of audio

@sm1 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following so we can look deeper into the issue:
-What brand and model TV are you using?
-What kind of AVR/sound setup are you using if any?
-What channels is this issue occurring or does this happen on all channels?
-Please provide the tracker ID the next time this occurs (tracker ID can be created by pressing the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times).

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi Danny, many thanks for your response.
TV is an LG42LC55.
Audio via TV speakers. I do have an LG surround system which I sometimes use but I don't believe this has any bearing on the problem.
The issue occurs on any and all channels.
I'm unaware of what relevance the tracker ID has? Does it generate a point that can be investigated?
I can give you two from Saturday afternoon which is; 05 186 657 and 05 186 675. And from today; 05 189 514.
These are not the only occurrences but purely the ones I have notated.
Once again, many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

We have the same issue. It’s been going on for a couple of weeks now. We have tried unplugging the Roku, checking connections, turning the TV off and on, and resetting the Roku. They work for a time, but the next day, we usually have the same problem. Today, it took several times before the sound would come on.  

We have a Westinghouse TV. We use a Roku streaming stick. We don’t have any audio equipment connected. Once the audio goes, all channels through Roku are affected. If we switch to regular TV, the audio works. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the SAME issue with my new Roku Premiere. I have an Insignia television. The issue occurred for the first time last night and then when I realized the problem persisted this morning, I unplugged the Roku. After about a minute, I plugged it back in and I was able to hear sound. Since then, I’ve had to unplug it a couple of more times today. It’s very odd because I can hear the sound associated with stroking the buttons on the remote as I am navigating but no audio from the programming I’m attempting to watch. I have tried different streaming services to make sure that it wasn’t just the one I was currently watching. It’s the same across the board. I’ve also done a test on my television volume and have concluded that my TV speakers are the issue. It’s definitely the Roku. I’m happy that I found other people who were also experiencing the same issue hopefully we can figure it out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jo74 @Music2 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following so we can look deeper into the issue:
-What brand and model TV are you using?
-What kind of AVR/sound setup are you using if any?
-What channels is this issue occurring or does this happen on all channels?
-Please provide the tracker ID the next time this occurs (tracker ID can be created by pressing the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times).

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Ditto. Roku premire, Vizio TV. Exactly the same issues. Totally random, all stations, super annoying. Other than that we couldn't be happier with out Roku system,  wish we had done it YEARS ago!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I wish I had an answer for you but, unfortunately, the problem still occurs with no resolution at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

Here is the information requested:

1.  Westinghouse Model LTV-32w1

2.  No sound up - just using the TV's speakers

3.  This occurs across all channels.

4.  Tracker ID:  68262003 and 68261949

We had this happen twice on this TV yesterday within a short period of time hence the two tracker IDs.  

Thanks for your help with this!  We've only had trouble with the one TV since posting.  If it happens again, I'll post with again with additional information.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi Jo74, please let me know if you get a resolution to your problem. I'm still having the same problems. I've tried all the remedies suggested but with no success. The only suggestion that I haven't tried is to update my device to a new one.

0 Kudos