Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwhprinter
Reel Rookie

Losing my patience with Roku HDCP issues

I've been a Roku user since it's inception.  I've had a total of 10 devices and currently own 3 Ultra's and a TV. But I'm absolutely fed up with having to disconnect my HDMI and power cable from the device and the TV every time I want to watch a Prime movie.  And of course it happens after I've logged in, searched for something to watch and clicked play.  Then it's disconnect everything, and start over.  This is something that has been going on for far too long and it's about time ROKU resolve this once and for all.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
JBjbJBjb

Re: Losing my patience with Roku HDCP issues

I’m having the same issue. I just upgraded to an ultra and out of the box I started getting the HDCP error. I problem solved on my own and tried everything I read. Then contacted support and they told me to do the same things so I did them all over again. I have a week left to return it so I’m hoping they can either figure it out of just tel me to cut my losses and send it back. I agree, it’s annoying to sit down to watch something only to have to get up and reset the system. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JBjbJBjb,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for the post.

I can see that you’ve been in contact with our Support team and they responded via email recently. Please check your email from our support team, we recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jwhprinter
Reel Rookie

RokuMary-F

I see that you responded to JBjbJBjb but not me.  What did you propose for him to fix the HDCP issue?  Thank you,  jwhprinter

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jwhprinter,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? How long has the issue been occurring?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos