Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing audio on Premiere+ w OS8.1

When I turn on my TV with HDMI input, as often as not I have an HD picture but NO Sound. I always have sound with antenna input. An easy temporary fix is to restart the Roku, but the fix will be good for only a few days at best.  Roku Customer Service has been little help. At first I chatted with someone, but I have not heard from them for the last 4 days.

For the first year I had the Roku, I had no problem.  I have had the sound problem for about a month or so.  The Roku's software was automatically updated Oct 2, 2018. It appears to me that the software update had bugs.

My Roku is a Premiere+ 4630X

George
0 Kudos
2 Replies
sawood
Level 7

Re: Losing audio on Premiere+ w OS8.1

Same issue on a Roku Streaming Stick and I believe it’s an HCDP copyright sync issue, and it is incredibly frustrating. My Roku LT does not have the issue but my new Stick does.
0 Kudos
rittwage
Level 7

Re: Losing audio on Premiere+ w OS8.1

This is a known issue with Premiere+, anyway. There is a thread about it. I don't know how much it affects other models.
0 Kudos