Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Live Football Game Quality is Terrible On Multiple Apps through Roku, Great on Sony TV Apps

Anyone else notice the quality of live NFL football games rendered through the Roku apps vs through the TV apps (if you are using them)?  

It looks like half the stadium lights are off, the field looks like avocado green when the flesh starts to go bad, and the players glow.  However, if I render Prime Video, ESPN, YouTube TV, NBC, CBS, and Sling through the Sony TV itself, the games look as good as cable or over the air.

All my other content looks the same, which is perfect on both the Roku and the Sony TV.  I have the latest Roku Ultra and other people I know have noticed this on their Roku products.

I mainly purchased Roku because apparently the Android TV apps do not always render the Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, so the Roku helps with that.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 7

Re: Live Football Game Quality is Terrible On Multiple Apps through Roku, Great on Sony TV Apps

Actually I've noticed that on Netflix the colors are dull vs the Android TV app.

0 Kudos