Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rontwila
Level 8

Just switched from HULU to Netflix and lost all volume. How can I fix this? Read all topics.

Jump to solution

We just switched from one app to another and lost sound on everything.  Hove tried all tricks suggested in articles.  

This is our second Roku Stick set up in the house.  Now that this has happened to this set, I am beginning to wornder if the same thing went wrong with the other set.  We also lost volume on it but decided it was the surround sund system as we were not getting anything through the receiver.

Anyone else had this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bearstampede
Level 7

Re: Just switched from HULU to Netflix and lost all volume. How can I fix this? Read all topics.

Jump to solution

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/No-sound-for-streaming-videos-in-all...

Seems like an update issue. Try going to

Settings -> System -> Power -> System Restart

I also have a feeling part of the issue (again, Roku's fault) may be that the "Fast TV Start" setting being set to (Enabled) is keeping the bug in memory (which is why you have to go through the menu to restart the TV). I'd try disabling that as well just to make things easier if the problem comes back.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Just switched from HULU to Netflix and lost all volume. How can I fix this? Read all topics.

Jump to solution

Settings/System/System restart

Do you have the Roku app on your phone? Does it play the sound?

https://help.netflix.com/en/

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
WhiskyvsWine
Level 7

Jump to solution

This happened to us too! Find anything that works? 

Steuen
Level 9

Jump to solution

There is another thread on the same topic. It seems that a number of people are having the same issue of having the sound go away on certain streaming services and not be able to restore the sound until you power cycle the stick. But the sound will go away again as soon as you try and play those streaming services on apps like Hulu and Disney Etc. MLB plays sound just fine after you do the power cycle.

Steuen
Level 9

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
bearstampede
Level 7

Jump to solution

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/No-sound-for-streaming-videos-in-all...

Seems like an update issue. Try going to

Settings -> System -> Power -> System Restart

I also have a feeling part of the issue (again, Roku's fault) may be that the "Fast TV Start" setting being set to (Enabled) is keeping the bug in memory (which is why you have to go through the menu to restart the TV). I'd try disabling that as well just to make things easier if the problem comes back.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Steuen
Level 9

Jump to solution

I got this to work on my system - Roku stick on a Vizio TV (no external speakers or soundbar).

On the Roku stick menu, go to Settings -> Audio -> HDMI -> and set to PCM - Stereo. It appears that the auto detect routine has a defect in it where it fails to switch over after one of the states was selected. The Audio Mode setting did not make a difference.

Hope it works for you while Roku find the bug and squashes it.

rontwila
Level 8

Jump to solution

Adding phones at this time would really muddle our waters.  New adventure.

0 Kudos
Itisme
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you!   Your solution of changing the Roku audio on the HDMI from auto-detect to PCM worked!  I also was experiencing no sound for Prime and Netflix, but all the channels worked.

0 Kudos