Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clacross

It sucks as big as this company is you can’t call for support and you have to ask other users

I am sorry I have to post to a board and this company will not hire people to support its products in technical support…I have bought 5 devices since this company started 15 years ago…instead of getting better with support, I can’t even talk to a human today for support…I have a 4660X Ultra and the sound would go out every few weeks then I would reboot and ok until next few weeks…the time has shortened and now every few hours or minutes no sound and it now takes 2 reboots…anyone having this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
LoveDove90

Re: It sucks as big as this company is you can’t call for support and you have to ask other users

I myself am currently at this moment having the same issue, I cannot get my TV remote or my Roku remote to turn my TV on/off! It is so frustrating! For me personally it would not switch over to TV volume after taking off and unplugging the headphones, and so I would have to turn my TV off and then turn back on and it would be fine. Last night same thing happened so I switched the TV off and back on then suddenly both of my remotes quit working as far as volume and powering on/off, I can still use the arrow and OK buttons but that is it. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: It sucks as big as this company is you can’t call for support and you have to ask other users

@Clacross 

General troubleshooting would be to try using a different HDMI cable or try using a different HDMI port and see if issue is resolved.

The reboot kind of indicates that it is losing the audio communication (which again, could be HDMI cable or HDMI port related).  Need to eliminate those two things first as culprit.

The above is assuming you are directly connecting your Ultra 4660 directly to your TV via an HDMI and not any additional external HDMI switches or components.

@LoveDove90 

The Power and Volume Button are strictly for TV control and have no affect on the Roku device, per se.  I would verify that you have fresh batteries and then attempt to re-pair them to your TVs.  (How to set up your Roku® voice remote ) found at https://support.roku.com/article/360011621473.

For what its worth, using the headphone jack on the remotes drains the batteries pretty quickly.  Some have found unreasonably so.  Additionally, it may not fully disconnect and cause issues like you experienced.  I have not experienced those issues with my remote but some have.  If you are a fan of the Private Listening, I think it is better to use the official Roku Remote App found in the Play/Apple Stores that you can install on mobile device.  You can then connect your headphones into your mobile device or use bluetooth/wireless earbuds.  Kind of a better setup since you can be charging your phone while listening to the Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Joe77

STUPID!   never again Roko !   My roko found 4 local channels from the antenna.   I have spent hours upon hours trying to find them !   Most definitely a problem !   

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Joe77,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We're sorry to hear this has been your experience with us. We hope you'll give us a chance to redeem ourselves here. Could you provide us with more details about the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos